Professional Users Privacy Notice
Doctorlink are suppliers of an online triage platform, providing a 24/7 digital front door to inform and guide people to the right care at the right time. Healthcare providers implement Doctorlink to improve patient access and enable effective demand management.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal data we collect about you, as professional users of Doctorlink or as potential clients or partners.
Doctorlink Ltd , a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10337756 with its registered office at 10 Upper Berkeley Street, London, England, W1H 7PE.
How do we collect your personal information?
We receive your personal information in a number of ways:
- When you register with us to access a Doctorlink customer portal
- When we receive your personal data from your employer
- If you contact our helpdesk with a query
- If you complete an API trial request form
- When we interact with you as a potential client or partner
- When you submit a webform or contact us directly with a query
What types of personal information do we collect about you?
We collect the following types of personal data:
- Full name
- Email address
- Contact telephone number
How will we use the personal information we collect about you?
We will use your personal information in the following ways:
- To facilitate the provision of Professional User accounts for Doctorlink products such as Video Consultation
- To facilitate the provision of access to the Doctorlink customer portals
- To communicate important product and service messages
- To communicate with you concerning any queries you raise with us
- To communicate details of your API trial, once authorised
- To progress a business relationship as a potential Doctorlink client or partner
Submitting a Support Webform
As a user or potential client or partner, you may wish to submit a technical enquiry or a general enquiry/product feedback via the support webform on our website (doctorlink.com/support-form/).
In doing this you consent for us to process your personal data provided to address your enquiry. Your data will therefore be communicated to our helpdesk team who will contact you to resolve/acknowledge your enquiry/feedback. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, privacy law and any other laws that apply.
We may use the services of a data processor to assist us with some of our data processing, but this is done under a contract with direct instruction from us that controls how they will handle personal information and ensures they treat any information in line with the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation, confidentiality, privacy law, and any other laws that apply.
How will we share your personal information?
We may share your information with third parties if it is necessary to fulfil a contract or request, or for other purposes with your consent. Third party processors will be subject to the same laws, standards and requirements as processing within Doctorlink.
We will not use the personal data you provide to us for our own direct marketing purposes unless you have given your consent for us to do so.
We will respect your rights and preferences in regard to any direct marketing communications.
If we are required to by law or regulation, we may disclose information as required.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will hold your personal information for the duration of the time you are a registered user of a Doctorlink customer portal and retain records in line with the Data Retention Schedule under contract.
If you do not progress a professional relationship with Doctorlink we will retain your personal information no longer than 6 months after last contact, unless otherwise agreed with you.
Where and how we store your information
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. Any personal information we store is held on secure servers located in the UK and European Union.
We do not store any data other than cookies on the device that you use to access this site.
We have a comprehensive Information Security Management System (ISMS) which is ISO 27001 accredited and as such employ best practice security protocols and procedures.
The legal basis for us to process your personal information is based on your and our legitimate interest to provide you with access to Doctorlink products and services.
In some circumstances, we may process your personal information on the basis that we are required to do so in order to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
You have a right to:
- access the information we hold about you;
- correct inaccuracies in the information we hold about you;
- withdraw any consent you have given to the use of your information;
- complain to the relevant supervisory authority in any jurisdiction about our use of your information; and
- in some circumstances:
- erase information we hold about you;
- receive a copy of your personal data in an electronic format and require us to provide this information to a third party;
- restrict the use of information we hold about you; and
- object to the use of information we hold about you.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us as detailed below.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, the personal information we hold about you, or our use of your personal information then please contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Data Protection Officer:
14 James Street
How to make a complaint
You also have the right to raise any concerns about how your personal data is being processed by us with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO):
0303 123 1113
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review, we will provide any updates here. This privacy notice was last updated on 18th March 2021.