Thank you for using DoctorLink. These terms of service (“Terms”) cover your use of and access to our service (“Service”). Your agreement is with Medvivo Digital Limited, a company registered in England with company number 10337756 with registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Kent, TN11 9DZ.
If you do not agree to these Terms, then you must not use the Service
The Service enables you to:
• Undertake a symptom assessment
• Book appointment with your GP
• Order repeat prescriptions
Access to certain functionality is dependent upon
• your GP Practice using a compatible clinical system and having agreed to us accessing it; and
• you successfully completing the relevant registration process.
Using our Service
You may use the Service only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Content in the Service may be protected by others’ intellectual property rights. Please don’t copy, upload, download or share content unless you have the right to do so.
Certain functions of the Service let you access a read only copy of your medical record, if you choose to share this information then this is your responsibility, so please think carefully about what you share and only provide the information to trusted recipients. We also recommend that you should only print or export any data where there is a clear need for you to do so. If you do choose to print or export any data then it is out of our control and you are responsible for ensuring it is held securely.
A symptom assessment tool is provided as part of the Service. To enable the tool to arrive at the most accurate disposition any information that you provide must be true, complete and, to the best of your knowledge, accurate. Please note we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the symptom assessment tool, any resulting dispositions and/or any other content.
The symptom assessment tool and/or any other content is not intended to constitute a medical diagnosis. It is intended to provide you with the appropriate advice for dealing with the symptoms you describe.
It is permissible to undertake symptom assessments on behalf of your children. If your child is over the age of 16 you must have their consent to do so. However you must not impersonate another person or misrepresent your identity.
Our Service is not intended for and may not be used by people under the age of 16. By using our Service, you are representing to us that you’re over 16.
Please don’t misuse our Service. For example, don’t interfere with our Service or try to access it using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide. We may suspend or stop providing our Service to you if you do not comply with our Terms.
In accessing any part of the Service, you agree that you will not:
- upload, display or transmit any information which are false, offensive, defamatory, threatening, obscene, unlawful or which infringe the rights of any other person anywhere in the world;
- reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of the Service or create derivative works of the Service;
- attempt to transmit to or via this Service any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component;
- change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on the Service and entered by or relating to any third party user of the Service;
- damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- access, send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any personal information regarding anyperson other than yourself without their explicit prior consent;
- collect or harvest any information or data in respect of the Service or our systems or attempt to decipherany transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Service, the infrastructure on which our Service runs or anyserver, computer or database connected to the Service.
- attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
- use the Service in a way that distracts you and prevents you from obeying traffic or safety laws.By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our service will cease immediately.Our Service evolves constantly. As such, the Service may change from time to time, at our discretion. We may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Service or any features within the Service to you or to users generally. We also retain the right to create limits on use at our sole discretion at any time.You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access the Service (including, having access to an internet connection and an appropriate browser).You may link to the Service, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You will need to create an account to use some functions of our Service. To protect your DoctorLink account, keep your password confidential and use a strong password. You are responsible for the activity that happens on or through your DoctorLink account. Try not to reuse your DoctorLink account password on third-party applications.
We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above. If you learn of any unauthorised use of your password or DoctorLink account contact
To help us stay in contact with you if you added your phone number to your account and you later change or deactivate that phone number, please update your account information. This will also help prevent us from communicating in error with anyone who might acquires your old number.
Your License to Use the Service
As long as you comply with these Terms, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable licence to use the software provided to you as part of the Service. This license has the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Service as provided by DoctorLink, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Service or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission.
You’re free to stop using our Service at any time.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Services if:
• you’re in breach of these Terms
• if you’re using the Services in a manner that would cause a real risk of harm or loss to us or other users. • you create risk or possible legal exposure for us
• your account has been subject to a period of prolonged inactivity; or
• our provision of the Service to you is no longer commercially viable.
We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your account or the next time you attempt to access your account, depending on the circumstances. In all such cases, the Terms shall terminate, including, without limitation, your license to use the Services.
We provide our Service using a commercially reasonable level of skill and care and we hope that you will enjoy using them. But there are certain things that we don’t promise about our Services.
Other than as expressly set out in these terms or additional terms, we make no specific promises about the Service. For example, we don’t make any commitments about the content within the Service, the specific functions of the Service, or its reliability, availability, or ability to meet your needs. We provide the service “as is”.
Some jurisdictions provide for certain warranties, like the implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Service is unavailable at any time or for any period and you should ensure that you have alternative means of communicating with your GP Practice other than through the Service.
Whilst we work to strong security standards, we do not guarantee that our Service will be secure or free from bugs or viruses and you should use your own virus protection software.
Limitation of Liability
When permitted by law, DoctorLink, and DoctorLink’s suppliers, will not be responsible for lost profits, revenues, or data, financial losses or indirect, special, consequential, exemplary, or punitive damages.
To the extent permitted by law, the total liability of DoctorLink, and its suppliers, for any claims under these terms, including for any implied warranties, is limited to the amount you paid us to use the services (or, if we choose, to supplying you the services again).
We’re responsible to you only for losses and damages that are a reasonably foreseeable result of our failure to use reasonable care and skill, or our breach of our contract with you.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data
or other proprietary material due to your use of the Service or to your downloading of any content or in respect of any website linked to it.
Intellectual Property Rights
We own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in the Service. Material or information contained in the Service may not be copied, reproduced or redistributed in whole or in part without our prior written consent. In particular it must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. We reserve all other rights to the Service and its content.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute arising out of the use of the Service shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts (If you are a resident of Northern Ireland, you may bring proceedings in Northern Ireland or if you are a resident in Scotland you may bring proceedings in Scotland).
The Service is intended for residents of the United Kingdom. If you are accessing or attempting to access the Service from any other location then we make no guarantee that you will be able to access the Service or that it will function correctly. You are also responsible for ensuring that you act in accordance with any applicable laws in whatever jurisdiction you are resident.
About these Terms
We may revise these Terms to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Service. If an update affects your use of the Service or your legal rights as a user of our Service, we’ll notify you prior to the update’s effective date by sending an email to the email address associated with your account or via an in-Service notification.
If you don’t agree to the updates we make, please cancel your account before they become effective. By continuing to use or access the Service after the updates come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
A version of the Terms will always be at doctorlinkprod.wpengine.com/tos and will govern the relationship between DoctorLink and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, this doesn’t mean that we are giving up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms.
Effective: 10 February 2017